Mary describes her experiences in building inclusion across sectors, from television to technology. Discussing the links between inclusion, commerciality and ESG, Mary describes why the work, and measuring its outcomes, is important to investors and customers – alongside employees.
Sharing her personal connection to neurodiversity, Mary provides thoughts on how to ensure a neurodiverse colleague that joins, also stays, and gives examples of inclusion strategies in gender representation and social mobility.
Mary advocates that inclusion is embedded in every element of a business – that an inclusion lens is always applied – and calls on us to be courageous in ensuring this happens.
Topics in Mary’s episode:
- Female representation in TV
- Navigating uncomfortable conversations with storytelling
- ESG and the future of commercial business: the role of inclusion and empathy
- Measuring inclusion to feed into investor reporting
- Neurodiversity, masking and belonging
- System change through talent attraction
- Applying an inclusion lens in all elements of business
Thank you to our sponsor for this week's episode, The Talent Keeper Specialists. Their brilliant podcast, COMEBACK COACH is the podcast for people coming back from maternity and other work breaks recommended by HR professionals.
Comeback Coach podcast
Join the free How HR Leaders Change the World community to receive our weekly newsletter – be the first to learn about new episodes and free bonus materials: https://frombabieswithlove.org/pages/how-hr-leaders-change-the-world