Episode 93: People as a business design principle: Emma Hardaker-Jones, Group HR Director, Legal & General
Emma shares her approach to people strategy as a business design principle, providing an example that brings together business objectives, employee focus, community impact and sustainability, with the example of creating a new office in Cardiff. From hybrid working to the impact for the city, Emma explains how a commercial approach is a key part of being an HR Leader.
Emma describes her passions for gender equality and social mobility, naming Ruth Bader Ginsburg as a heroine, and shares her own experience in advocating that your set of experiences are an incredible tool to support others.
Calling on you to use commercial levers and know that your place at the table is as important as any other, don’t miss the inspiring words Emma shares at the end!
Topics in Emma’s episode:
- Real Estate: an example in people strategy, community and sustainability
- Reasons for people to come together
- HR and ESG as organisational design principles
- Gender equality, ethnic diversity and social mobility
- The impact of ad-hoc opportunities – an example in learning from listening and an open culture
- Being focussed in D&I and a football analogy!
- Choosing how you use your seat at the table
Thank you to our sponsor for this week's episode, The Talent Keeper Specialists. Their brilliant podcast, COMEBACK COACH is the podcast for people coming back from maternity and other work breaks recommended by HR professionals.
Join the free How HR Leaders Change the World community to receive our weekly newsletter – be the first to learn about new episodes and free bonus materials: https://frombabieswithlove.org/pages/how-hr-leaders-change-the-world