Ahead of International Men’s Day on 19th November 2023, Sharon joins us to share her work in helping organisations build gender balance. Recognising the importance of gender equality for women, men and non-binary people, Sharon notes that on the current trajectory we’re 140 years away from achieving gender balance at manager level.
Describing strategies that don’t work as well as those that do, Sharon provides an overview of five foundations that enable sustained progress, three structural and two behavioural, and discusses the challenges with, yet importance of, data.
Sharon shares thoughts on the role of men at work, and the pressures they face, as well as practical steps we can take to include men in the work to build gender balance, including ideas you can implement ahead of this year's International Men's Day...
Topics this episode:
- What doesn’t work in building gender balance
- Five foundations for building gender balance
- Delivering Gender Equality through ESG – APPG report
- Challenges with and the importance of data
- Gender Equality for everyone – the role of and impacts for men
- Practical steps to include men in gender balance work
- Dismantling stereotypes: tiny steps in your day-to-day life
- Specialist in helping organisations support working men: Elliot Rae
How HR Leaders Change the World - Live!
15 November 2023
Join us to learn and discuss:
- How connecting your HR work to ESG helps you achieve your goals
- Measuring your HR impact - what investors and CEOs are keen to hear from you on
- Positioning your impact - how best to showcase your HR function’s impact leadership, to all your stakeholders and in your EVP
- Demystifying psychological safety - how to embed culture that drives innovation and change
Learn from actionable examples shared by pioneering C-Suite HR Leaders, that you can implement at your company too.
Alongside the CHRO speakers and the brilliant community of HR Changemakers you'll be part of, we're delighted to announce that Sir Lenny Henry CBE is this year's inspiring keynote.
Find out more and don't miss your UN Global Goals Week special offer: (Offer ends 6pm BST 31Oct23) Join us In Person or via Live Stream; enter code: GlobalGoals to get 10% off your place
Thank you to our event partner, Well by CircleIn
Well knows that psychological safety is a key priority for companies, with 97% customers telling them that they plan to invest in it over the next 12 months.
Enter Well – a practical and cost-effective solution that gives your entire workforce the skills they need to level up and lead with care. Well is a risk management tool, that tackles psychosocial hazards in the workplace. Importantly, they're reimagining learning to meet the needs of emerging leaders and how they learn. They've partnered with Microsoft to deliver this tool in the flow of work where employees are ‘doing the work’. It aligns to ISO guidelines, as Well’s content is created by experts and backed by science so that organisations can easily align with new and incoming psychological safety standards.
Their blissfully bite-sized video content is highly engaging, fits into busy schedules, and delivered with tangible takeaways to turn learning into action. Well keeps it real, promotes empathy, encourages self-improvement, and builds stronger teams. The result? Increased productivity, engagement, and happiness in your organisation.
Find out more about Well here.
How HR Leaders Change the World is brought to you by social enterprise, From Babies with Love. Across Moments that Matter, we provide employee engagement gift services to global HR functions and donate 100% of our profit to orphaned and abandoned children around the world. We transform commonly existing gift spend in to strategic, efficient and inclusive tools in your People Strategy, delivering Exceptional Employee Experience, and at the same time, ESG results.